Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winn and Cole's Key West Wedding




One of the things I love most about selling my dresses on Etsy is all of the artists I get to meet through the site.  I met Winn of Winnsome.com last year when she was planning her wedding.  I ended up making five mix and match bridesmaid dresses in Mint cotton for her Key West wedding this past January.  Winn is also an Etsy seller and she makes beautiful monogrammed clutches.  Winn is incredibly talented and much of her wedding was a combination of items she found via Etsy and items she made herself.  Winn made clutches for her bridesmaids and she made the neckties for the groomsmen. 



Winn and Cole's Wedding Story:
Cole and I got married on January 18th at the Pier House in Key West. My color scheme was mint with gold, navy and pink accents. I designed and printed all my invitations as well as my program and menu. That sounds like a lot of work, but we only had about 35 guests (parents, siblings and close friends). My dress is J.Crew and my veil has been in my father's family since 1810.






I arranged my bridesmaid's bouquets using faux peonies. That sounds weird, but they did end up looking pretty good for being fake. I got the flowers from afloral.com, who does a fine job for the price. I then wrapped the flowers in a handkerchief using the same mint fabric and a gold and white polka dot print that I used inside the clutches. During the reception, I gave them engraved silver mint julep cups with their names and the date to hold their flowers, and one cup was placed on each of the tables as the centerpiece. In addition to that gift, I also gave them Pinch Provision's minimergency kits in gold and white stripes (mine was polka dots). I gave them hangers for their dresses that I spray painted gold and added a decal of their monograms in mint (BlueTimesTwo) along with a navy ribbon. And then of course, they each got a monogrammed Winnsome.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/winnsomeco?ref=l2-shopheader-name
 

 For the groomsmen, I made all of their ties in the matching mint fabric. I embroidered on the back our married monogram and the wedding date. Cole bought all of their suits from Jos. A. Bank as his wedding gift for the groomsmen. He managed to buy them at the end of the summer season on a huge sale..thank goodness!




 For everyone, I made welcome bags with Key West and the wedding date on them. Inside I put a welcome note/schedule, trail mix, a mini bottle of our favorite vodka and ginger ale.



At the reception, I had the bar tender use gold and mint striped paper straws from FancyThatLoved  and ivory napkins that read "Cheers! cole & winn" that I order from ForYourParty.com. At everyone's place setting was the menu and their favor. For favors, I made each little box using a Silhouette machine, glued a mint ribbon around and an azalea blossom on top. The flower represented Cole and his family's business, which is a wholesale nursery and one of the first plants his grandfather grew were azaleas. Inside was a Berger cookie that you can only get in Baltimore to represent myself and where I come from.



 Robin of Marie Pierre did my make up (I also got a spray tan from the studio a couple days before). I hired Jimmy of Soundwave for the music, who did a wonderful job. Rachel Ligon was my photographer, and she was fabulous.





No comments:

Post a Comment