Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Washington State Wedding

I personally find that the hardest part of my job is usually not seeing the final result. 
Making samples is my favorite part of my job.  Which has me really happy right now because I'm spending these next two weeks just sewing up samples.  I'm able to completely concentrate on creating new dresses.  And making the clothing isn't really the most exciting part.  The best part is contacting models, working with hair and makeup and taking pictures.  Setting up a mood board and finding accessories to style the shoots. 
One of my favorite things is when I actually get to do the photography.
And the reason I love doing all of these things is because I know I will end up with a final result.  I will get to see my designs on a person.  And I will get to interact with other creatives who put in their ideas to make the final result so much better. 

With that said, I love surprises.  And the idea of seeing how other people will wear my dresses is really the best part of my job.  I'm always a little sad to see my dresses go.  Obviously I'm happy to have sold them, but the idea of not seeing the final result drives me a little crazy.  So the biggest reward as a designer is when I get a customer picture.  For me, a picture means you were still thinking about my dresses after the day of the wedding.  And it gives me peace of mind that you were happy with the job I did. 

I was so excited to see this picture in my inbox last week.  This is a wedding I worked on last year.  It was a really fun group of dresses and I'm so excited to be able to share it.  Thank you so much to Lizzy for sharing it with me.  It really makes my day to see pictures like this.  And it really means a lot to me when customers send them in! 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like sucha beautiful wedding, love the bright white dress with the sunny yellow dress - lovely colours for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete